Saturday, July 7, 2007

Soothing Fear

Today:
Hike/Run 22 miles

Yesterday:
Bike Commute 3 miles
Run 7 miles

Thursday:
Bike Commute 3 miles

I've been thinking a little more the past few days about my racing plans for next year. I'm trying not to overlook the two tough races I have coming up in the next 4 weeks, but it's hard not to spend at least some time each day thinking about next season. It's all still very far away but I'm already getting excited and anxious thinking about what the next 14 months will be for me. I don't know if I will really be able to do all 3 of these races in the same year, but I have no doubts that I want to give it a try. I'm more or less terrified of each of these races and for some reason I find great comfort in this. I guess what it boils down to more than anything is that there's nothing I enjoy more than being out on bike or foot and pushing myself further and harder than I ever have before. If I actually finish all 3 of these races I will likely spend over 30 days worth of time doing so! That's 720 hours of time spent racing in events that will push my body well beyond anything it's ever experienced before. It's only 3 races but they are each so long that if everything goes well I will spend over 15% of my time from February 24th through September 6th racing! That's insane. I can't wait.

Totals for the week: Bike 27 miles; Run 73 miles; 13.5 hours